Falcon Twin - Forums
March 26, 2017, 01:36:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Final Ravings of a Lazy Madman  (Read 4044 times)
Chakra
Newbie Supreme

My thought train hit an elephant, expect delay

View Profile
« on: May 14, 2007, 03:55:06 AM »

Well...crap.
So many unanswered questions, so many possible solutions. My desire for knowledge feels gipped, but overall, I think I'm satisfied by the ending.

Damned if anyone knows what the answers are or what might have happened, but I didn't expect that last comic to really be the end-end, instead of a foreshadow that hooks you in and then goes beyond.

Did any of those unanswered questions matter, I wonder, in the end? Perhaps there is something more to the story than Bman lets on. Perhaps there is something we just don't know, and we'll all figure out later. Perhaps this ending wasn't really a tragedy, but something...different. There is always a certain beauty in endings, some intangible satisfaction that comes with the completion of any story, experience, or life.

Maybe it's just me, but despite my curiosity of what might have happened, or how the various elements of the story were explained or left to our imaginations, I still believe that this story, this novel had an conclusion far more satisfying than any other.

Sad? Yes. A tragedy? Perhaps, but in the end, it was a magnificent idea that was transformed into an even better graphic novel. It was one that managed to come full circle, to show as much skill and thought as it had showed from the very beginning, and still manage to improve and reinvent itself into a greater and greater work.

It didn't spoon feed explanations, and it didn't force us to imagine the story only one way, like so many others. Even the very fact that Bman continued the story till the end shows just how much care went into it, and makes the ending a beauty to behold, regardless of what anyone thinks should have happened.

My logic isn't always good, I wasn't here at the comics start, only a few people will probably read this, I never posted much, and I'm pretty sure I didn't get my point across even after all that, but this is the only comic I've ever bothered to post on, let alone this much, and for all my words, I just wanted to say:

Bman, if you're still alive and on the forums from time to time,

Thanks for the great story and artwork,

Curse you and your skills for making me take what time it did to write this post,

Whatever you do from here on out, I wish the best of luck to you, and remember: enjoy it, or something,

Later and Have a Good One,

So There.

Every truth is subjective: how dare they call my yellows blue?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: