Falcon Twin - Forums
December 17, 2017, 10:28:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: My Creative Writing Class  (Read 18477 times)
Geo
Tard

Naughty bits should be shared...sparingly ^_^V

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2007, 11:50:23 PM »

Ho-shit! Where the hell has this been the whole time? ...And why did you stop writing bean it's really good later!

If you've given up hope, then hope was never truly yours to begin with! It comes from within--not from some unknown deity created by man--hah! -Geo
tl

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2007, 03:12:16 PM »

Oh, I know exactly who all of them are.  In fact, almost everything about them, from their appearance to their drinks, was carefully chosen.  In fact, were I to tell you who they are, I suspect you would instantly recognize a great deal of it.  Of course, most people will be thrown off because I've interpreted the source material rather differently than the standard.  And no, D&D doesn't have anything to do with it, although I understand where you might get that impression.

after giving up on more of the Four story, reopening this thread is a perfect opportunity to ask:
Bean, with end of FT and probably closing of the forum in the near future, would you mind PMing me about who this four are?
just 'cause, you know, this will probably be the last time I hear from/of you...

tl
-likes some of your stuff very much... and some a bit more...  Wink
Bean
A beautiful and unique snowflake.

Know, think, choose, do.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2007, 10:23:25 PM »

Meh, I might as well make it public knowledge, it's really nothing special.  I just like to make things seem more dramatic than they are.  You were closer than you realized when you guessed the key was the horse neighing outside, tl.

no, leave it. you should definitely leave it as it is. no changes, 'cause any change would probably be a change for the worse....
now, I've got only one question: do you know what were they doing there and who they are or are they just characters without much of a backstory?
please correct me if I'm wrong but Key is a horse, right?

Four is a character study on the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse; thanks to my Catholic upbringing, I've always drawn a lot of creative inspiration from bible stories, although I tend to be less hopeful in my conclusions.  Oh yeah, and the bartender.  He represents what I imagine would be the only reaction a rational person could have to an event as inconceivable and reality-bending as the Biblical Apocalypse.  Even in his inevitable death, he couldn't turn his mind to face the truth.

I haven't stopped writing Geo, I've just been writing other things.  Thanks to a ridiculous class load, I've been constantly writing papers, and I'm working on finishing a play (my deadline is in 9 days, w00t).  Also, I've been spending foolish amounts of time working on a campaign setting for my role-playing group this summer. 

Thanks for the encouragement!

--Bean
hopes this forum doesn't close too soon.  He has nowhere else to go yet.

All the stories are fictions.  What matters is which fiction you believe.
dantes_messenger

Don't Fight The Darkness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2007, 06:29:06 AM »

i thought i would reappear for once, havent been on FT for yonks.

so anyway i recently continued writing a andom story and ecided i would talk about it here (creative writing, yay)
so if anyone is interested, just ask me and i'll post a snippet, or maybe the whole story if you want! lol your choice.
so just let me know.

messenger - hello Tongue

Don't Fight The Darkness, Let The Shadows Lend You Their Power
tl

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2007, 08:50:34 PM »

sure, post away.

tl
-always for a good story. your stor is good, right dantes?!?  Wink
dantes_messenger

Don't Fight The Darkness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2007, 06:16:26 AM »

sure, post away.

tl
-always for a good story. your stor is good, right dantes?!?  Wink

wll i think its good, but i depends on your views. and how much do you want me to post? its a 6 page story so far (text size at 14 i think

tl

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2007, 12:54:58 PM »

as much as you like

tl
-reads anything anyone posts
dantes_messenger

Don't Fight The Darkness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2007, 07:06:56 PM »

ok. i'll post all of it so far, be prepared for a long read tho lol. i'll put it in the next post

dantes_messenger

Don't Fight The Darkness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2007, 07:08:30 PM »

The man upon the hill looked out of place among the scenery, a forest of golden leaves to the east, a vast array of mountains to the north, to the south was an endless view of grasslands and plains…
To the west, however, was a city that looked almost as out of place as the man sleeping alone on the hill. With huge glittering towers taller than giant’s rooftops, a large double enforced wooden gate, and the largest town square imaginable.

The sleeping man awoke suddenly. He searched around with a look of utter confusion upon his face. He noticed something shining just to the left of his arm, and he shuffled over to it clumsily. It was a medallion of some kind, with a strange insignia that looked like a griffon carved into the silver-like plate upon it. The chain attached to the jewellery looked like gold, but didn’t seem to be shining. The man picked up the medallion hastily and pocketed it. He clambered to his feet and put his hand up to his head as the slight dizziness faded.

The clothes he wore indicated he had been in a scrap or a fight of some kind, but he couldn’t remember a thing. Amnesia perhaps? Or a blow to the head? The man stumbled down the hill to the bottom, reaching up to his head as if to feel for blood. There was none. He fumbled with the heavy metal in his pocket, touching around the insignia, feeling for any indication of where he was. Again, he found nothing…

‘Why am I here…’ he whispered to the invisible no one that was himself ‘where IS here…?’ the town loomed ever nearer as the man stumbled, confused and weary, toward the large gates.

Summer replaced her pen, and slid her untitled story paper into her hip bag. Then she moved the strap from her shoulder onto the floor. Summer-Anne Lowers was no ordinary sixth-form student. She had dreams. Dreams with a storyline. And, using her sharp memory and quick thinking, she jotted them down, creating an untitled story. The fact that the story was untitled annoyed her slightly, but she coped. The quality of the words in the story made up for the fact that it was untitled. Summer pulled the page out of her bag again, and jotted down a quick note at the bottom

‘Needs a title’

Then she slid the page into its folder, strapped the bag to her shoulder again, and slipped through her front door, closing it gently behind her, so as not to wake her parents, and then she headed on the short walk to her school. Along the walk thoughts flooded her head on points in the dream; who was the man, why was he significant to summer? Why was she getting these dreams? The thoughts dissolved as Renn, her classmate, joined her on the walk. “Hiya summer!” he said, a little too joyfully
“Heya Renn” summer murmured “looking forward to class, as usual?” she asked. Renn went a little further ahead, and started walking backwards as he spoke “you know me too well” he laughed “nothing better than learning, eh?”
“Uh, yeah, sure” summer replied, a little perplexed at how her closest friend could be so happy. “Nothing better than learning, except maybe dreaming…”

The large building approached as they walked, and summer slipped away from Renn to get to her locker. She turned the wheel for her code and took out her books and things for the day. Then she locked back up, and walked slowly to her tutor room with her eyes down…

The man stood at the gates, staring at the intricate design. The pattern was like nothing he had seen before in his travels. On each gate were mirrored patterns of weapons: bows, knives, swords and more. This was obviously a city that originated from a hunting village. As the man stood, a small side door opened. A man in hunting armour was at the door, beckoning to the man. Once they were both inside, the guard sat down at a small table, in front of some papers and a quill. He showed the man to a seat.
“Welcome to Iziledrumar”, the guard said, “We will need your name and details, for city safety reasons. We don’t want any of our citizens getting hurt, by ANYONE…”
“Yeah, sure” the man replied, “My name is Sharr…. Sharr Zeor, I’m from kwamadron. It’s through the daefet forest and over the kilunow hills….”
“Yeah, I know where kwamadron is, it’s not exactly the most difficult of tracking”
Sharr responded with a blank stare, and a re-adjustment of his black headband. The guard folded the papers, after filling them in, and handed them to a runner at the door, then he stood up, and walked through the entrance to the city. Sharr followed

What Sharr saw next made him blink in awe. The buildings in the town were huge; it was as if he had just stepped into the land of the giants. Sharr walked through the streets of massive buildings, looking around at everything. He sniffed at some of the food on the stalls around the town, before realising he wasn’t hungry in the slightest. Sharr became aware that he needed to find an inn or a rest house of some kind before night.
Over the next few hours, the town bustle died down, and the streets became quieter. Sharr started to notice more and more places he could rest as the crowd thinned. He walked into the nearest bed-stop just as nights first star came into view.
“One room, for one night” Sharr said as he placed a few coins on the palm of the owner’s hand “I don’t care which room, as long as it is inhabitable”
“Don’t get cocky” grumbled the ape of a man as he pocketed the coins without counting them “right through there, it’s the one at the end”

Sharr slipped off his heavy, worn boots, and threw them into the corner of the room before slumping onto the bed. He fell asleep instantly.

Summer woke with a start. Her tutor was standing over her, staring down at her blank worksheet. “Sleeping again, Miss Lowers?” the tutor growled, “third time this week, and its only Tuesday”
“Sorry, sir…” Summer mumbled

“Keep it up and I will have to report you to the head”

“Sorry, sir”

“It’s getting out of hand now, Summer”

“Sorry, sir”

“I’m afraid I’m going to have to give you a detention”

“Sorry, sir….”
Summer slinked down the corridor, with the remains of the dream floating to the back of her head. She wondered what she was going to say, when asked why she was out of lesson. She arrived at the detention room and sat down, and then she waited for her tutor to arrive, and the yelling to begin. The tutor arrived and started listing off all the days Summer had fallen asleep in class. Summer knew why. It was because of her dreams; she would just fall asleep at certain times, usually the most inappropriate times.

Summer got away with an hour after school; something, which annoyed her greatly, because falling asleep wasn’t her fault. “No one would believe me…” she mumbled as she walked slowly back to class “no one ever believes me…”

Detention crept by slowly. The single hour seemed like an eternity, and at the end of the eternity were more harsh words from her tutor. Summer couldn’t write lines, she was terrible at it, nothing but one sentence over and over bugged her, she just wanted to write stories, novels, plays and most importantly, her dreams. So summer had only written one line, and the rest of her page was covered with doodles, and plans, and small storylines.

Summer heard the sound of a bell in the distance. Her detention had ended.

Summer waited as the sound of her tutor’s footsteps drew closer and closer and ever more closer until the sound stopped. Right in front of the desk Summer was sat at.
“One line Summer?” came the voice from above Summer’s head “that isn’t enough, is it”
“No sir, but you see-”

“NO ‘BUTS’! SUMMER, ONE LINE IS NOT ENOUGH! I DON’T CARE ABOUT YOUR EXCUSES, EVEN IF THEY ARE THE TRUTH! YOU FALL ASLEEP IN MY CLASSES, AND THEN YOU DON’T WORK IN DETENTION!”

“Sir…Please listen to me-”

“I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF IT!” The tutor suddenly seemed extremely calm
“You will report to me after every single day, and you will show me what work you have done in your day, and you will do a half hour after each day, and if you haven’t done enough work I will make it two hours. UNDERSTAND?”

“Yes sir” summer answered, as a single tear rolled down her cheek “sorry sir”

Sharr woke up. For the second time his head felt fuzzy and a slight dizziness hung over him. He clambered out of the bed and slowly slid his feet into his heavy boots. “Worst nights sleep ever…” he mumbled angrily, before walking out of the door and into a not so crowded Inn.
“Sleep well?” the ape owner asked mockingly. Sharr didn’t even bother to answer, his head was killing and he just wanted a drink. “Rum and whiskey, same glass, now” he said. The bartender mixed up the concoction and handed it over, Sharr downed it, paid, and left.

tl

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2007, 04:54:44 PM »

looks shorter then I feared. which is good Wink

tl
-has no time so reading will have to wait a few days
dantes_messenger

Don't Fight The Darkness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2007, 04:13:11 PM »

looks shorter then I feared. which is good Wink